Preparing you for University and beyond
We do everything we can to prepare you for life after LEH. Part of that is making sure you’re ready to attend your chosen university and pursue the career of your dreams.
Our large team of Careers staff are experts in guiding you through the university application process, from choosing the right A levels, completing your UCAS form, finding work experience, writing a compelling personal statement and preparing for interviews. There is also a designated member of staff responsible for overseeing arrangements relating to applications to American universities.
Intellectual discussion and debate are encouraged to increase your enthusiasm for the subjects you love. You will be introduced to new topics and the most up-to-date thinking in your proposed area of specialism.
Weekly lessons cover a wide variety of career paths and often include visiting speakers. We also have regular visits from admissions tutors and lecturers from leading universities, and often invite back former pupils to speak about their careers and studies.
We host annual Careers, Gap Year and Higher Education Fairs with Hampton School.
Our programme touches on a range of topics that go beyond the traditional curriculum, including:
- Leadership and bonding
- Research, study and presentation skills
- Employability – work experience and internships
- Stress management
Furthermore, if you’re hoping to apply for Oxbridge, medical school, or universities outside of the UK, you’ll get expert advice from subject specialists.
It’s why most of our students take up offers to study at Russell Group universities; why the Sutton Trust ranked us 20th in the UK when it comes to gaining places at Oxford and Cambridge over a five-year period. And why the Independent Schools Inspectorate judged our Sixth Form Careers Programme as ‘outstanding’.
The careers service provided at LEH includes:
- A large and experienced team of dedicated Careers staff, who offer individual support and guidance throughout the Sixth Form and the UCAS process
- An extensive planning and enrichment programme for students applying to the Universities of Oxford or Cambridge, run by the LEH Oxbridge Co-ordinator
- Preparation for additional university entrance tests and university interviews
- Introduction to and advice on applying to American universities
- Preparation and support for work experience applications and internships
- An information evening for parents and students about UCAS, with a specialist speaker
- A number of annual events with Hampton School: Careers Fair, Gap Fair and Higher Education Fair
- Information on applying to American universities and accessing scholarships or financial aid.
- Access to ACT preparation courses
At the recent LEH Careers Evening, we sat down with LEH School alumnae and friends to ask about their career experience and what advice they would give to LEH students.
The support at LEH when applying for university is unparalleled. I had help every step of the way and I feel so grateful.
In addition, the Sixth Form receive weekly Careers lessons addressing a wide variety of issues relating to Careers and Life Skills including:
Making decisions about my future was daunting but I felt really supported throughout the process. The guidance offered was excellent.
LEH Sixth Form Student