The Best of Both Worlds
Boarding school facilities in a day school
It’s hard to believe we’re just ten miles from central London. We’re home to four lacrosse pitches, seven outdoor netball courts, six grass tennis courts, a croquet lawn, a sports hall and an indoor swimming pool. Since September 2017, we’ve also added an ergo room and an activities studio.
The Sixth Form girls enjoy superb facilities exclusively for their use. There are two Common Rooms, a Sixth Form Library, a café, and specially laid out classrooms for seminars. There are no shops or crowded coffee bars to distract you; It’s the kind of environment where you can focus your mind and get your work done and dusted.
That said, when you do want to take a break, you only need to step outside and make the most of our 24 acres of green space. We’ll encourage you to stay healthy by taking in the wide range of sports we offer, and if you want to develop your interests in any extra-curricular activities, they’ll be right on your doorstep too.
A single-sex education, with strong links to Hampton School
It’s been proven that girls’ schools like LEH give young women the edge. That’s why we believe that students thrive in an environment like ours, where they’re free to experiment, express opinions, explore and take on new challenges.
At LEH, you’ll be supported by strong role models and inspired by your peers. However, we also know how important it is for boys and girls to work together. That’s why we have strong and ever-growing links with our neighbours at Hampton School. Students have reciprocal access to Common Rooms during breaks and we run joint enrichment lessons in both the Lower Sixth and Upper Sixth.
leh school / hampton school
Joint events and activities:
- Curriculum Enrichment in the Lower Sixth and Upper Sixth
- Hampton School prefects’ leadership course
- Careers, Gap Year and Higher Education Fairs
- Mentoring programme for GCSE pupils from local schools
- Language exchange visits
- Lectures and talks
- Community activities including Service Volunteers
- Leadership roles within the CCF
- Charity events
- A joint Sixth Form expedition (in 2018 to Namibia)
- Whole school music and drama productions
Joint clubs and societies:
- Robotics Club and competitions
- SATB Choir, Dance and Musical Theatre
- LEH-HS Geography Society
- Sixth Form drama productions
- Philosophy Enrichment