The most recent inspection by the Independent Schools' Inspectorate (ISI) took place from the 12th to 15th November 2013.
The Inspection reviewed a broad spectrum of school life, including the educational experience provided, the quality of the teaching, the pastoral care and the effectiveness of leadership and management.
Every category was graded ‘excellent', the highest grade available, except for one. This is ‘the quality of the pupils' achievements and learning' which was graded ‘exceptional': this is the one category where a higher grade than ‘excellent' is allowed.
Throughout the report, the School's strengths are highlighted.
- The curricular and extra-curricular provision is wide-ranging, demanding, enriching and inspiring.
- …excellent arrangements to promote their health and safety…
- Pupils are highly articulate, expressing themselves confidently and clearly. They are logical and independent thinkers who listen extremely well…Pupils bring an overwhelmingly positive and exemplary approach to their work and activities…They enjoy their work and are keen to give of their best.
- The recently opened arts centre provides outstanding opportunities…
- There are many examples of good practice in using ICT to promote learning…
- The contribution of teaching is excellent.
- Pastoral care is excellent.
- The school takes great care to promote the welfare, health and safety of all members of the school community. Staff at all levels take their responsibilities for welfare, health and safety seriously.
- Relationships between pupils and with staff show extremely high levels of mutual respect and care.
- The careers programme is outstanding.
- Pupils say they appreciate that they are privileged to have the wealth of opportunities open to them and commented that their part was to apply themselves to the best of their ability…