Educational Ethos and Aims
About the School
LEH is one of the oldest and most distinguished girls’ schools in the UK. Our students successfully balance outstanding scholarship with impressive achievements in sport and exciting creativity in the arts and beyond. With superb facilities set in 24 acres, we offer bright girls a well rounded and challenging education in a happy, purposeful environment, preparing them well for higher education and their future lives.
Statement of Ethos
Our aim is to ensure that LEH is a school full of opportunity, challenge and friendship; a place to take risks and become bold; a place to discover passions, talents and yourself; a place that nurtures remarkable women.
We encourage our girls:
• to be exactly who they are, whatever their current interests or future aspirations.
• to benefit from the warmth, respect, and support of the entire School community as they stretch themselves to become their best, most confident selves, as students, and as citizens of the world.
• to have the freedom to experiment, express opinions, explore and take on new challenges.
• to be supported by strong role models and inspired by their peers.
• to find confidence and strength, and acquire and build the skills they need to succeed throughout their lives.
Statement of Religious Foundation
The school is a Christian foundation, but welcomes girls of all faiths and none. It is committed to the contribution it makes to society as a whole, and to equal opportunities, and it embraces diversity.