BOARDING SCHOOL FACILITIES, IN A DAY SCHOOL.
It’s hard to believe we’re just ten miles from central London. We’re home to four lacrosse pitches, seven outdoor netball courts, six grass tennis courts and a croquet lawn. Inside, there’s a massive sports hall, an activity studio and an indoor swimming pool.
There are no shops or crowded snack bars to distract students; the sixth form have their own in-house coffee shop. It’s the kind of environment where they can focus their minds and get their work done and dusted.
However, when pupils want to take a break, they only need to step outside and make the most of our 24 acres of green space. We encourage them to stay healthy by taking in the wide range of sports we offer, and if they want to develop their interests in any extra-curricular activities, they’ll be right on the doorstep too.
Whether they're 7 or 17, pupils benefit from having the freedom to make the most of our exceptional facilities which include:
- Science Laboratories
- Design and Technology suite
- Computing Facilities
- Extensive classroom accommodation
- Learning Resources Centre
- Large Sixth Form Common Rooms
- Sixth Form Library and classroom block
- Arts Centre including a 330-seat theatre, Music and Art Departments and Drama Suite.
- Music Department includes 16 practice rooms and a dedicated recording studio.
- Nora Nickalls Assembly Hall
- Dining Hall
- Prayer Room
- Large Sports Hall
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Boat House at Sunbury owned jointly with Hampton School
The Gateway Development project completed in 2018 was a combination of refurbishment and new build. The improvements included:
- new facilities for the provision of STEM learning and teaching including a high-tec computing suite and state-of-the-art Product Design suite
- linking the sports hall and swimming pool to the main building, whilst also upgrading the facilities to include enlarged sports changing rooms, a viewing gallery for the swimming pool, an activity studio and a body conditioning studio
- an impressive and functional pupil entrance on the west side of the building
The Junior School occupies a very attractive building, Burlington House, originally used as the school's boarding house, on the northern side of our site. The classrooms are large, light and airy and there are superb specialist rooms for Computing, Art, DT, Science and Music. Junior pupils make full use of the school's magnificent sports facilities including the pool. They enjoy their own play area, with a trim trail and climbing frame, and their own dining room.
The school has installed lifts in both Schools to improve wheelchair access.