Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are key themes in LEH's strategic plan. Prejudice of any kind has no place in our school, and we will continue to work as hard as is needed to ensure that this is so.
LEH values a diverse and inclusive community for pupils and employees as we believe diversity and inclusion improve the learning environment for everyone. We are fortunate to be able to draw on a range of voices, perspectives and experiences and we are determined that every pupil has an equal opportunity to flourish, no matter their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality or physical ability.
- We have identified members of our SMT and Governors to oversee our Diversity and Inclusion programme and have appointed a Diversity and Inclusion Champion from among our teachers. She is now leading on initiatives with LEH pupils.
- We are running a series of discussion groups, led by an external moderator, with alumnae, former staff and parents to discuss inclusion and diversity at LEH. This includes how best to celebrate the history and culture of people of colour within the curriculum, and ideas for increasing the diversity of the governing body and senior leaders at LEH.
- The HR Department is reviewing its recruitment procedures to address any systematic issues that discourage diversity in applicants.
- We plan to include staff training sessions on how to embed inclusion into our daily behaviours and classroom practices.
- The timeline below gives some examples of lectures, projects and discussions that have taken place over the past year and shares details of some future events.